Apex Magazine is currently OPEN to submissions.
Our magazine is an SFWA-certified professional market.
Editor-in-Chief: Jason Sizemore
Apex Magazine now uses Submittable to track and organize all submissions. Use the link below to submit your work.
Original Short Fiction:
1) Submit your work in Shunn Standard Manuscript Format.
2) Maximum word length is a firm 7,500 words. Anything more will be auto-rejected.
3) Payment for original fiction is $.06 per word up to 7,500 words.
4) If we podcast your story, payment is $.01 per word up to 7,500 words.
We do not accept unsolicited reprints.
1) Your poem must be 200 lines or less.
2) Your poem must be original and unpublished.
3) Poets can submit up to 5 poems at a time. However, please submit each poem in a separate email.
4) Payment is 25 cents per line.
Rights and Rules:
1) No simultaneous submissions. No multi-submissions. We try to respond to all submissions within 30 days.
2) For original fiction and poetry, Apex Publications receives permission to include the Work in Apex Magazine, for publication in the English language in all countries throughout the world, and the right to podcast your story (payment of an additional 1 cent per word provided should this occur). Apex Publications receives permission to non-exclusively archive the Work online as long as the Apex Magazine website is maintained.
Art Submission Guidelines
We offer $60 for digital reprint rights for cover art. If you’d like for your art to be considered for Apex Magazine please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes a link to your online gallery. We do not commission original work for the magazine, only pre-existing art.