Our magazine is an SFWA-certified professional market.
Editor-in-Chief: Jason Sizemore
Managing Editor: Lesley Conner
1) Submit your work in Shunn Standard Manuscript Format.
2) Maximum word length is a firm 7,500 words. Anything more will be auto-rejected.
3) Payment for original fiction is $.06 per word up to 7,500 words.
4) If we podcast your story, payment is $.01 per word up to 7,500 words.
5) Apex Magazine welcomes and encourages submissions from writers of all race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and military status, in any of its activities or operations. We want diverse voices. We value diverse voices. Having said that, please be aware that we do not collect any information that might clue our editors to any of these attributes other than your name, email, and address prior to any decisions made regarding your submission.
6) Submit short fiction submissions through the online form found here: http://submissions.apexbookcompany.com/. Stories submitted by email or sent by mail will be disposed of unread.
We do not accept unsolicited reprints.
We do not accept unsolicited poetry.
No simultaneous submissions. No multi-submissions for short fiction. We try to respond to all submissions within 30 days.
Before you submit your work, please review the appropriate contract template. If we accept your work, we will expect you to be familiar with our terms. Thanks!
Please send all queries regarding a submission’s status to our managing editor Lesley Conner (email@example.com).
We are currently closed to art submissions.
We offer $60 for digital reprint rights for cover art. If you’d like for your art to be considered for Apex Magazine please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes a link to your online gallery. We do not commission original work for the magazine, only preexisting art.