We are reviving the subscription drive that was cut short in November. The new revived drive will run from March 27 to April 17th with a goal to raise $10,000!
Tier levels we will have to unlock during the drive will be:
- $500 – Polls will open for readers to vote for the cutest/best Apex animal mascot: Pumpkin versus Oz! (Expect loads of adorable pics on social media as our editors try to sway you to vote for their pet!) Also, Jason and Lesley will make personal donations to the Humane Society
- $1,000 – Apex will donate two short story critiques (one each from Jason and Lesley) to the ConOrBust auction, as well a membership to Imaginarium this October
- $1,500 – Jason and Lesley’s It Follows debate goes live! Join our editors as they watch It Follows and live tweet the entire experience. If you’ve been following their conversations about the movie on Twitter, then you do not want to miss this!
- $2,000 – an original short story by Tade Thompson in the January 2018 issue
- $2,500 – add a poem to the January 2018 issue
- $3,000 – add a reprint to the January 2018 issue
- $3,500 – Andrea Johnson will conduct a video interview with Jason Sizemore, asking him questions submitted by our readers
- $4,000 – add a a nonfiction essay to the January 2018 issue
- $4,500 – add a second poem to the January 2018 issue
- $5,000 – an original short story by Delilah S. Dawson in the January 2018 issue
- $5,500 – podcast a second original story in the January 2018 issue
- $6,000 – Apex donates a membership to ConFusion to ConOrBust
- $6,500 – raise cover artist rates to $75
- $7,000 – original artwork for all original fiction unlocked during the drive for the January 2018 issue
- $7,500 – an original short story by Cherie Priest in the January 2018 issue
- $8,000 – behind the scenes video with Jason
- $8,500 – original artwork for all six stories in the January 2018 issue
- $9,000 – a new print issue of Apex Magazine: SFFH #1
- $9,500 – raise author rates to 7 cents per word
- $10,000 – an original short story by Jacqueline Carey in the January 2018 issue
- STRETCH GOAL!!! $15,000 – raise author rates to 8 cents per word and artist rates to $100!
Amazing, right!?! If we unlock everything for the double issue in January 2018, it is going to be phenomenal!!!
We are also collecting donated items from awesome people that you’ll be able to purchase during the drive to help us reach our goal.
Some of these donated items include:
- story critiques from Jason Sizemore and Lesley Conner
- flash fiction critiques from Anna Yeatts, editor at Flash Fiction Online
- a query letter critique by literary agents Laura Zats and Eric Hane of Print Run podcast
- signed prints of cover art from issues 80, 83, and 86
- signed books by John Scalzi
- signed books by Brian Keene
- signed copy of The Crow God’s Girl by Patrice Sarath
- signed copy of The Buried Life by Carrie Patel
- signed copy of Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge by Paul Krueger
- a handwritten poem by Brandy Schwan
- cool collectors pieces by Justin Stewart
- hats crocheted by Janet Harriett
- coffee from Nate’s Coffee
- Gamut/Apex Magazine subscription bundles
- Shimmer/Apex Magazine subscription bundles
- Flash Fiction Online/Apex Magazine subscription bundles
- Personalized postcards from Lesley Conner for everyone who donates at least $5
As we confirm new awesomeness, we will update this post.
Want to help us reach our goal? Interview either editor-in-chief Jason Sizemore or managing Lesley Conner. Details here.
And be sure to come back on March 27th when we revive the drive!