Oh? You’re still here? The party is over, man.
We didn’t hit $10000, but we did accomplish the following tiers.
- $500 – Polls will open for readers to vote for the cutest/best Apex animal mascot: Pumpkin versus Oz! (Expect loads of adorable pics on social media as our editors try to sway you to vote for their pet!) Also, Jason and Lesley will each donate $25 to the Humane Society – UNLOCKED!
- $1,000 – Apex will donate two short story critiques (one each from Jason and Lesley) to the ConOrBust auction, as well a membership to Imaginarium this October – UNLOCKED!
- $1,500 – Jason and Lesley’s It Follows debate goes live! Join our editors as they watch It Follows and live tweet the entire experience. If you’ve been following their conversations about the movie on Twitter, then you do not want to miss this! Date and time will be announced once this tier has been unlocked. – UNLOCKED!
- $2,000 – an original short story by Tade Thompson in the January 2018 issue – UNLOCKED!
- $2,500 – a poem by Rhysling Award nominee Jeremy Paden to the January 2018 issue – UNLOCKED!
- $3,000 – a reprint to the January 2018 issue – UNLOCKED!
- $3,500 – Andrea Johnson will conduct a video interview with Jason Sizemore, asking him questions submitted by our readers – UNLOCKED!
- $4,000 – a nonfiction essay by Shawn Pryor to the January 2018 issue – UNLOCKED!
- $4,500 – a poem by Rhysling Award nominee Mary Soon Lee to the January 2018 issue – UNLOCKED!
- $5,000 – an original short story by Delilah S. Dawson in the January 2018 issue – UNLOCKED!
- $5,500 – podcast a second original story in the January 2018 issue – UNLOCKED!
- $6,000 – Apex donates a membership to ConFusion to ConOrBust – UNLOCKED!
- $6,500 – raise cover artist rates to $75 – UNLOCKED!
We will still have original stories from Cherie Priest and Jacqueline Carey, but they will not be part of the January 2018 double issue bonanza.
The party has ended, but we always need subscribers. Become one through Apex, Weightless Books or Amazon.
If you’d rather skip the subscription and donate to the cause quick and easy, you can use this nifty form.
Contribute to Apex Magazine